The Kimbell Art Museum announced today that their Spring Break Art Extravaganza will return March 14–17. The annual free family event includes art activities inspired by Kimbell masterpieces, yoga, films and more, as well as MELT Ice Cream and Art by Sam caricatures on selected days. Additional highlights include studio experiences facilitated by guest artists Jamison LeBlanc and Johanna Belwood, as well as artist-led gallery sketching expeditions. The hours are Tuesday–Thursday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m., and Friday, noon–4 p.m. The full schedule will be available by March 1 at kimbellart.org/springbreak.
Daily weather-themed art-making activities include Cloudy with a Chance of Watercolor, Stormy Seascapes Printmaking, Nature Sounds and Sculpture, and DIY Suncatchers (Tuesday–Friday). Wednesday and Thursday will also feature yoga, and short family films will be shown on Tuesday and Friday.
Tuesday and Wednesday:
- Kimbell-inspired collages with guest artist Jamison LeBlanc;
- Art by Sam caricatures from 1–3 p.m.
Thursday and Friday:
- Wearable springtime flowers with guest artist Johanna Belwood;
- MELT Ice Cream available for purchase from 1–3 p.m.
- Free admission to all permanent collection galleries;
- Art making;
- Sketching expeditions with guest artists;
- Sensory tours;
- Book baskets;
- Studio A family play space designed for ages 5 and younger;
- Lunch available for purchase in the Kimbell Café 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. Tuesday–Thursday and noon–2 p.m. Friday;
- And more!
All activities are first-come, first-served. Space may be limited. Free gallery guides and audio tours are available in English and Spanish in both buildings.
Youth education programs are supported by the Lowe Foundation Endowment for Kimbell Kids. Promotional support for the Kimbell Art Museum is provided by American Airlines, NBC5/Telemundo and PaperCity.